Responsible for managing the various programs associated with PAAIA’s mission and areas of focus under the direction of PAAIA’s Executive Director. This includes
- coordinating and administering all aspects of the program/activity, including planning, budgeting, implementing, evaluation, and reporting
- working collaboratively with other PAAIA staff to implement joint programs (i.e. CHIP, NexGen-related programs, etc.)
- working with internal and external team members to develop, implement, and report on programs/activities
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Planning the delivery of each program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Developing and submitting an annual budget associated with each program
- Defining and submitting funding proposals for implementing the program
- Defining the staffing and other resources needed to implement each program
- Developing a timeline within which each activity will be implemented
- Defining evaluation criteria to measure the success of each program
- Developing new initiatives to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Defining, organizing, and implementing the various steps and processes required for each activity
- Developing process efficiencies and synergies within the organization to efficiently implement the program
- Working with internal and external counterparts to organize and implement the program
- Ensuring that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Developing forms and records to document program activities
- Implementing each component of the program in a timely and effective manner
- Orienting and working with volunteers and other team members (both internal and external) to implement the program
- Defining and implementing all deliverables associated with each program
- Supervising program volunteers/staff by providing direction, input and feedback
- Actively working with other team members in implementing all activities
- Communicating with stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
- Working with other PAAIA staff to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Coordinating activities among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
Control and Reporting
- Routinely updating Executive Director on program/activity status
- Developing reports on the program for management and funders
- Monitoring all program expenditures and ensuring that all activities are within allocated budget
- Ensuring that all financial records for each program/activity are up to date and accurate
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for each program/activity are compiled and maintained
- Monitor all activities on a regular basis and conduct an evaluation upon completion of all tasks
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field
- Prior experience managing simple and complex programs
- Prior experience working in teams and ability to work with diverse groups
- Public policy and knowledge of issues related to the Iranian Americans community
- Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in Farsi preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely
- Expertise working with Microsoft Suite applications
- Flexibility and willingness to take on diverse tasks as required by organizational needs
- Ability to respond to issue as they arise and trouble shoot as needed
Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY WITH PAAIA
The Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans (PAAIA DC) offers both fall and spring semester internship opportunities to graduate, college and university students to work in our Washington, D.C. office.
The best-suited individuals will be students of political science, public policy, history, economics and journalism. Excellent written and oral communication skills and computer fluency (mainly MS Office and Windows OS applications) are necessary. Persian fluency is not required but considered an advantage in selection of the successful applicant(s).
Interns work on various projects and assignments. Duties include but are not limited to research on public policy programs and related activities, assisting with planning of events, program implementation, logistical support for staff activities, and other administrative tasks.
PAAIA accepts interns throughout the year and applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter, writing sample and references to email@example.com or fax us at 202-828-8371.